Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free: Windows 10 is the best PC operating system; however, few people would want to spend a hefty price to get their hands on it. Windows 10 boasts the robust Start menu with a stunning UI that switches between touch and mouse-friendly modes. With an AI-enabled digital assistant – Cortana, Windows 10 is all you need for work and entertainment on a PC or laptop.
To your surprise, if you have a licensed Windows 7 running on your laptop or PC right now, you can upgrade it to windows 10 for free. It is a lengthy process, but it is worth it. Running an OS upgrade takes a lot of time and effort. The program requires very little to no data at all. It gives you all your programs and doesn’t need you to change any settings. Here is how to upgrade to Windows 10 all for free.
Things you must know before upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10
Installing Windows 10 is a straightforward process, but there can be some driver problems. There is always a chance when you don’t follow a step properly and might end up stuck in the installation process.
Before you begin the process, make sure you have all the data files backed up, preferably to a cloud service such as OneDrive, where you can download them again on your computer if something goes wrong. If you don’t have a system restore disk already, it is good to make a full system backup. Another available alternative is to use a full system backup using disk imaging software such as Macrium Reflect. The software helps you make a bit-by-bit copy of your hard drive, which is even better than saving the data over a cloud.
Make sure to free up your schedule for at least 2 hours before starting the installation process. You can always do your other work while the large chunks of the operating system are getting installed.
You must ensure you have a consistent internet connection to make things go smoothly and fast.
How to Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for FREE Via Direct Download
Following step by step process to free upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10
1. Visit to Windows 10 Download Page: Go to Windows 10 download page and click on “Download tool“.
2. Click on Button to Start Download: You will see a flashing download tool now button. Click on the button.
3. Next step Launch Windows 10 tool: Once downloaded, launch the download tool.
4. Then Next step Click on Upgrade this PC now: In case you are installing Windows 10 on PC, click “Upgrade this PC now.” However, if you desire to create your USB or DVD media, it is a whole different process followed after the steps mentioned in this blog. It would require you to go a few extra steps and have a blank flash drive or disc. Creating your install media allows you only to install Windows 10 on multiple computers. But also reinstall it on your current computer if something goes wrong.
It will also take a while to download the software, so you have to be patient and have to have some extra time than the two hours needed to install Windows 10 on the PC. The software needs high-speed internet to download fast and prepare for installing and downloading additional files required. This entire process can take 1 hour with high-speed internet.
5. Next step Accept License terms: Continuing to “Upgrade this PC now,” click “Accept” on the license terms screen. Wait for the software to check for updates. As it takes some time, you can go and work on something you want.
6. Select Keep Data: Since you are upgrading from Windows 7, make sure to select “keep personal files and apps,” or the upgrade would not work.
7. Next step Ready to install Windows 10Click the “Install” button. Wait for 20-30 minutes for the computer to copy your files. It might reboot several times.
8. Windows 10 Setup Step Click “Next” on the login screen.
9. Use Express Settings: Click “Use Express Settings”. You can choose to change some settings later, after the operating system is fully installed.
10. Next step “Next” on the “New Apps for the new Windows” Screen: Click “Next” on the “New Apps for the new Windows” screen. The PC will notify you it is completing your settings. You can now see the Windows 10 lock screen.
11. Final step “Log in” Your PC is Ready to Use Windows 10: Log in to your computer. Windows 10 will take a few minutes to perform the initial setup steps. Now it is ready for you to use.
Can you still upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 for free?
Yes, you can still upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 free of charge.
How much will it cost to upgrade to Windows 10?
Microsoft Windows 10 has been a free upgrade to Windows 7 and 8.1 users with genuine license keys to upgrade to the latest operating system at no extra cost.
Also Read: How to fix Windows Update Error 0x8007001F