Windows Update Error 0x8007001F is the most common updating error. We will be discussing it further. But before this, let us know about windows updates and common types of errors. We will also be guiding you about how to face and solve these issues.
Windows updates are a superb means by which Microsoft perpetually spots, repairs, as well as attaches new options on its Windows OS. More so, these updates typically accompany some much-needed security enhancements.
Unfortunately, the Windows update method does not forever go evenly, and problems could show up, resulting in even more severe issues.
Update failures are not originality within the Windows OS records. A number of them are simple to resolve, whereas a number of them are quite a hurdle.
Today we will attempt to direct an error which is caused by 0x8007001F error. This error is closely associated with audio drivers, and it prevents users from updating Windows 10.
Windows update failure is created every time an update is unable to install. To find the windows error code, go to Start > All Programs > Windows update > View Update > History > (double-click the failed update).
Note the Failure Code and Update Reference Number.
Fixing Windows Update Error 0x8007001F-
Update failure 0x8007001F might forestall you from downloading the newest updates, that may be a giant impediment. Below are mentioned a few issues that users stated:
- Windows did not download the subsequent Update with error 0x8007001f: Third-party applications typically cause the error mentioned above if you face it, attempt impairing the antivirus or do a clean boot.
- Windows ten update assistant error 0x8007001f: Sometimes, your drivers will cause this drawback to appear, so it’s an excellent plan to update crucial drivers before attempting to update Windows.
- Update error Windows seven, 8.1: This update errors will also seem on older versions of Windows, just like it shows up now.
Though you’re not using Windows ten, you might implement much of our clarifications on the previous versions of Windows with no issues.
Below are the main procedures to fix the errors which might easily help you with your issue:
1. Disable Antivirus:
Although your antivirus will grant security from malware, it can seldom interfere with your system and create a 0x8007001F error to show.
For fixing this trouble, it’s recommended to modify your antivirus settings and disable specific features. In case it did not help, you would possibly need to disable your antivirus for a short time.
In a bad situation, you would possibly need to eliminate the antivirus. Several users stated that both Norton Sonar Protection and McAfee could produce this failure, therefore if you are working with any of those tools, get rid of it.
For the Norton, we have brought a fanatical design on the way to eliminate it. There’s the same guide for McAfee users, as well.
If you’re employing any antivirus solution and you would like to completely exclude it from your PC, be sure to see out this great list with the most straightforward uninstaller software you’ll use immediately.
Although those two apps are a prevalent explanation of this error, different antivirus tools can generate this problem also, so get rid of them.
If removing your antivirus solves the matter, it’d be an accurate time to think about turning to another antivirus solution. If you’re trying to find a replaceable antivirus, you would possibly want to think about BullGuard.
The app grants excellent security; also, it will not intervene.
2. Uninstall audio drivers:
As per the users, the above error can seldom surface, the reason being the drives for the audio. If your audio drivers are old or harmed, you would possibly confront this issue.
To settle the difficulty, you should prefer to reinstall your audio drivers. To do that, follow these measures:
- Hold Windows Key + X and pick Device Manager from the list.
- Move to the ‘Sound, video, and game controllers’ segment. Right-click ‘Your audio device’.
- Select the ‘Uninstall device’ from the menu.
- A verification dialogue then appears.
If provided, analyse ‘Remove driver software’ for this machine. Now click the Uninstall button to get rid of the driver.
After doing that, you ought to attempt to download the newest drivers for your audio device. Go to the motherboard or sound card manufacturer’s website & install the latest operators.
As you are done with updating, verify if the difficulty is fixed. To bypass permanent deterioration by wrong driver’s installation and download, we strongly suggest TweakBit’s Driver Updater.
3. Reboot Windows Update Service-
- Hold Win + R. Get into services.msc.
- Click Enter or select, OK.
- In the ‘Services list’, look for ‘Windows Update’.
- Right-click & open ‘Properties’.
- Choose ‘Disabled as Startup Type’.
- Store edits made and reboot your PC.
- Verify services and confirm that ‘Windows Update’ is disabled.
- Navigate to C: Windows and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Rename folder to SoftwareDistribution.OLD
- Navigate to Services again and locate ‘Windows Update’ and, in ‘Properties’, change ‘Startup Type’ from ‘Disabled’ to ‘Manual’.
- Navigate to ‘Start’ and open ‘Settings’ on the left part.
- Click on ‘Update & Security’ and monitor for updates.
4. Do SFC and DISM check:
- Clasp Win + X to open the ‘Win X’ menu.
- Now select the command prompt (Admin) from the table.
- PowerShell (Admin) can also be employed.
- When the prompt opens, start the SFC /scannow command.
- SFC scan will now begin. The scan might consume fifteen minutes. Let it be as it is.
Error 0x8007001F can seldom arise because of corrupted system files. If that’s the circumstance, we advise to implement an SFC scan and fix your files.
As soon as the SFC scan is completed, examine if the matter is fixed.
The system update failures are closely associated with file corruption. Due to malware attacks, several system files might corrupt.
For that purpose, DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) are often used to scan and fix this issue by rebuilding broken files.
- Right-click on ‘Start’ and start command prompt (Admin).
- Keyboard the subsequent command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- If the service has any problem connecting with Update, a USB/DVD system drive can be used. Insert media and enter below code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:Your Repair SourceWindows /LimitAccess
- Just see that the repair source path is replaced together on your own.
5. Do a clean boot-
- Hold Win + R and get into MSConfig.
- Click OK.
- A ‘System Configuration’ window appears.
- Move to ‘Services’ tab check ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- Now click Disable all buttons.
- Move to the Startup tab and choose Open Task Manager.
- A series of startup apps will now emerge in ‘Task Manager’.
- Right-click the item at the first place on the series and click ‘Disable’ from the menu.
- Now redo these steps for all startup items on the table.
- Go backwards to the System Configuration window and select Apply and OK to keep changes.
- Reboot your PC.
As per the users, third-party applications might sometimes interfere with your system, which can cause this error. Nevertheless, a clean boot can be done.
Once your PC reboots, all startup applications and services will get disabled so that there’ no interruption during updating. After disabling the services, you can upgrade with no problems.
6. Build a fresh user account-
- Hold Win + I to get to the ‘Settings’ app.
- When it opens, move to the ‘Accounts’ segment.
- On the left side, select ‘Family & people’.
- On the right side, select ‘Add someone else to this PC’.
- Now choose the option ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information’.
- You will be proposed to make a Microsoft account.
- Choose ‘Add a user without a Microsoft account’.
- Enter the specified name for the user and select Next.
In case you’ve got difficulties updating, the problem could be a corrupted user account. However, you would possibly be ready to bypass this problem just by building a new user account.
After creating a new account, turn to it, and verify if the matter is solved.
7. Make an in-place upgrade-
- ‘Media Creation Tool’ has to be downloaded first and start it.
- Choose ‘Upgrade this PC now’.
- Wait while the appliance manages the computer.
- Select ‘Download and install updates’ and choose ‘Next’.
- Go on with the directions on the monitor till the option ‘Ready to install’ is available. Select ‘Change what to keep’.
- Select ‘Keep personal files and apps’ and press on Next.
- Follow the direction on the monitor to complete the setup.
In case you are unable to install Windows Updates because of error 0x8007001F, you would possibly wish to begin doing an in-place upgrade. Through this, you’ll force Windows 10 to update to the newest version.
Once the method is completed, you’ll have the newest version of Windows installed, and every single file and app will be shielded.
Windows Update Error 0x8007001F can be fixed in several ways:
- Disabling Antivirus.
- Uninstalling audio drivers.
- Rebooting Windows Update Service
- Doing SFC and DISM checks.
- Do a clean boot.
- Build a fresh user account.
- Make an in-place upgrade.