Here’s how you can follow some simple steps to download your photos and videos from Google Photos to your personal computer or laptop or your smartphone
Downloading one file at a time:
Downloading your photos means downloading them one by one. However, if a lot of media content is stored in your Google Photos cloud storage, this process takes a lot of time.
- Open photos.google.com or photo app on a smartphone
- Log in to your Google Account
- Select an Image
- Tap the three-dot menu on the top right corner
- Tap on Download Button
Download multiple images at once
You can choose from multiple photos and videos stored after logging in to your account:
- Select multiple files
- Click on the download button
- Since the file is downloaded as a zip, you will have to unconfigure the file
Download the album at once
- Go to the ‘Album’ tab
- Click on ‘View All Albums’
- Tap on the three-dot menu
- Select the ‘Download All’ option
- Unzip the zip file to access your photos and videos
Download all photos at once using Google Takeout
- Go to ‘takeout.google.com’ and log in to your Google account.
- Select the ‘Create a new export’ option.
- Choose Download Photos Only from the options and carefully isolate all other options.
- OK and then select ‘Next step’.
- Now select the delivery option to deliver your photos via email or transfer them to other cloud platforms.