Lemon water is all the rage these days.
Many restaurants serve it routinely, and some people start their day with lemon water instead of coffee or tea. There are no doubt lemons are delicious, but does adding them to water make you healthier?
Much of the evidence supporting lemon water health benefits is anecdotal. Little scientific research has been done specifically on lemon water, but research exists on the benefits of lemon and water separately.
Lemon juice is also an effective way to reduce weight as it increases the body’s metabolic rate. For people looking to use lemon for its weight loss abilities, drinking lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach every morning can produce amazing results. Along with the weight loss benefits, drinking warm lemon water every morning also has numerous other benefits.
Here are some most effective health benefits of drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning.
- As a rich source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
- With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections
- Acts as a detoxifying agent.
- Helps with maintaining digestive health.
- Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
- Helps fight common cold
- Lemon water is also a popular remedy for many kinds of skin problems ranging from acne, rashes and wrinkles to dark spots.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps in quick weight loss as it promotes digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
- Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps with digestion and hence, helps regulate natural bowel movement.
Research shows lemon water has many potential health benefits. Aside from those, adding lemon to your water may help you drink more throughout the day and keep you hydrated. Staying hydrated is critical to good health, so lemon water is pretty much a win-win.