If you’re looking for the best eCommerce platform to create your online shop or website, here are our top eCommerce Platforms recommendations.
E-commerce is the fastest-growing market from toothpaste to washing machines and electric bulbs to laptops we are purchasing from eCommerce websites, currently, online selling represents 14.1% of all retail sales worldwide and that number is expected to climb to a staggering 95% by 2040.
The shift from traditional brick and mortar shopping to e-commerce is only being accelerated by recent trends and events like the COVID-19 pandemic, consumers are expected to turn to online shopping for everything from everyday items like toothpaste, shampoo, and even groceries and beverages to home office needs such as headphones and office supplies.
So if you have a small business and plan to start online selling your products or services, then the first step is you need to create an online portal or eCommerce website and for that, you need to choose the best suitable eCommerce platform.
Visit us to create a cost-effective eCommerce website for your business.
So now the biggest question is how to choose the right platform for your eCommerce store or shop. Its dependence on the following questions.
How many products do you want to sell? Where do “Web design and customization” fit into your priorities? How much money can you spend? How advanced is your technical knowledge?
The answers to these questions will help you find the best eCommerce platform for you.
The perfect platform for selling high-quality jewellery is perhaps the worst platform for selling custom made t-shirts. Consider your company’s needs before choosing your platform.
Building an eCommerce store you need to think about selecting the best theme for your website, Installation and customized theme as per your requirement, website hosting, inventory and shipping management, billing, taxes, and support, to name a few.
Choosing the right eCommerce platform can either make or break your online store’s success.
For select the right platform for your eCommerce shop Contact Web Digital Marketing Best eCommerce Platforms and Sites
When choosing the best eCommerce platform for your online store, you have multiple free and paid choices. Following the list of ten most popular eCommerce platforms for small business websites.
Now it’s your turn: Which platform is your personal choice? Why did you decide against the others in the end? Tell us in the comments!– Advertisement –
Top 10 Best Ecommerce Platforms
- Easy Digital Downloads
Shopify is the most flexible, feature-rich and the most complete eCommerce platform of the bunch. Out of the box, it already offers everything you might need to run an effective store, and also lets you customize your design and add various feature extensions.
You can also sell pretty much whatever you wish, including physical products, digital products and downloads, services, and even do drop-shipping.
- Abandoned Cart Recovery
- Auto-calculate shipping prices for each customer
- Take payments anywhere with Shopify POS
- Create customer profiles to identify your best buyers
- Use discount codes
- Sell gift cards for the holidays
- Integrate Shopify with Facebook
- Let Shopify fulfilment services do the heavy lifting
- Get rid of inventory entirely with Shopify dropshipping
- Use Shopify ‘Experts’
- Track everything with Shopify analytics and reports
Wix is best known for its easy website set up. Keeping it simple with a drag and drop interface, competitive pricing, and modern for purchase and free themes. Wix is most often used by entrepreneurs and other small business creatives. The platform prides itself on being a solution for both beginners and experts who seek creative freedom in their website work. They are an acceptable solution for beginning stages but lack advanced eCommerce capabilities.
- Your own professional logo in minutes
- Jazz up your website with artistic, handmade illustrations
- Provide hassle-free customer support
- Discover new ways to offer your services with Wix Bookings
- Build a powerful website community with Member’s Area
- Utilize the most advanced SEO tools and capabilities
- Track and analyze your site’s performance like never before
Squarespace is another one of those platforms that offer drag-and-drop. Founded in 2003, they have sleek templates and design capabilities. If you don’t need a lot of features, try them out. It’s also great for print on a demand eCommerce business. Squarespace disadvantages include limited shipping & payment gateway solution as well as limited discounting and complexity for basic built-in eCommerce features.
- Modern design templates
- Adjust the styling of your sites along with fonts, colours, and page configurations.
- Customizable content layouts.
- It allows you to add your personalized CSS and other coding.
- Easy-to-use and straightforward editor interface.
- Social media supported.
BigCommerce has the cleanest dashboard and clearest directions for getting your online store built within a few minutes. In fact, the dashboard looks surprisingly similar to Shopify’s, with modules for accepting credit cards, customizing your store and more. The interface allows you to customize your online shop without having to know how to code by using any of the customizable templates to design your store, sell and market your products. It’s aimed at those without so much web dev skills, but it also allows tech-savvy people to tweak the HTML and CSS.
- Unlimited products, orders, file storage, and bandwidth
- Fantastic Theme Designs
- Visual store builder
- Migrate your store and import products
- Manage orders and inventory
- Sell via Facebook, Pinterest, eBay, Amazon and Square POS
- Multiple marketing features
- Multi-layered hosting security and DDOS protection
- Level 1 PCI-compliant hosting
- Get found on product comparison sites
- Encourage return visits with email marketing
Magento is historically an on-premise, open-source solution preferred by brands who have already heavily invested in IT or development teams. Magento 2 (AKA Magento Commerce Cloud or Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition) launched a cloud, open-source solution in more recent years.
- Supports reporting and analytics.
- Allows product and catalogue browsing.
- Order and site management feature.
- Various types of marketing promotions and tools
- International Support
WooCommerce is an open-source eCommerce platform, offering a cart solution in addition to a brand’s content on WordPress. WooCommerce is free to download and install to your WordPress site. But it requires you to have your domain, hosting, and WordPress account already set up. Then it’s just as simple as installing any other WordPress plugin.
- Free to install on WordPress sites
- Easy to customize
- More than 300+ extensions
- Most popular eCommerce
- Highly customizable
OpenCart is an open-source online store management program. The platform allows merchants to set up multiple stores, manage various product options and attributes, and add unlimited products. This option is popular for small businesses, freelancers, and mid-market merchants.
- Price starts at $0/mo
- 13,000+ themes and extensions
- Simple interface
- Open-source software
Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is made for selling digital products online. This plugin is made specifically for WordPress sites. So if you’re not using WordPress, then you’ll need to look for another solution.
Easy Digital Downloads features
- Price starts at $99/year
- 100+ themes and extensions
- Sell subscriptions & digital content
- Made for WordPress
PrestaShop is an excellent option for startups for various reasons. First, it’s free to use – which is fantastic if you’re low on funds. Secondly, it comes with tons of knowledgebase articles and supports to help young companies get started. Prestashop also allows you to tap into a partnership program to help you find more business too.
- Powerful Catalog and Site Management
- Display Product Your Way
- Useful S.E.O and Marketing Tools
- Payment and Shipping
- Client Account
- Available in many languages
- Keep Your Site Safe with Powerful Security System
Ecwid is the only sensible free option in the market right now. Though, it’s not without flaws. Chiefly, you don’t get any interchangeable themes/designs for your online store – you can only adjust the stock design by changing fonts, colours, etc. There’s also no support on the free plan, and you can only have up to 10 products.
- Price starts at $15/mo
- Compatible with popular CMS platforms and website builders
- Easy to scale
- Digital file sales
- Ship on demand
- Marketing options
- Bulk inventory uploads and updates
Tell us about your experiences with eCommerce platforms in the comments section below.