If you’re looking to get iOS 14 on your iPhone, But don’t know how to update your iPhone for iOS 14 and check the list of supported iPhone models. So check the following steps of how to upgrade your iPhone for iOS 14.
Apple has officially released the latest iOS 14 is now available for all compatible iPhones models including some of the old ones like iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, among others.
iOS 14 is also releasing major updates for the iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV today. So you can expect some new features with iPadOS 14, tvOS 14 and watchOS 7 as well.
Also Apple has just released the first developer beta of iOS 14.2 and iPadOS 14.2 following the public release of iOS 14.0 this week.
List of iOS 14 supported devices
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
How to update your iPhone to iOS 14
Following are the steps for update your iPhone for latest iOS 14
- First, backup all your phone data and full charge your iPhone.
- You must also ensure to finish all your important work and not use the iPhone during the installation process. This will speed up the download iOS 14.
- iOS 14 is a big update. So, ensure to connect your iPhone to a stable WiFi connection.
- After these steps, Go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to General option.
- Head to the Software update option next to install iOS 14 on your iPhone.
- Once iOS 14 download and installation done. You will enjoy new update.
The biggest change of iOS 14 is the introduction of widgets on the home screen, a new App Library to browse all your apps and the ability to run App Clips — those are mini apps that feature a small part of an app and that you can run without installing anything.